Shepherds Dene Retreat House, Riding Mill, Northumberland is looking for a part-time, experienced housekeeper/cook with good housekeeping and cooking skills required. Average hours: 9 hours per week house housekeeping and 6 hours per week cooking (cooking hours will be concentrated on one weekend per month with some shifts during the week).
Rates of pay: Housekeeping: £7.50 per hour Cook:£8.50 per hour
As Housekeeper and Cook, you will play a crucial role in ensuring visitors, residents and guests receive a positive first impression of Shepherds Dene, by keeping bedrooms and common areas spotless, by preparing high quality, home-cooked food and by carrying out other general tasks within the house. Cheerful, caring and compassionate and a good team player, you will be capable of taking the initiative and have a flexible approach to work.
- Previous housekeeping and cooking experience is essential
- Ability to build positive relationships with our residents their families and our Shepherds Dene team
- Exhibit a caring and compassionate attitude and support the Christian ethos of Shepherds Dene
- Carry out housekeeping and cooking to a high standard
- Able to make responsible choices and decisions, and act in guests’ best interests
- Effective time keeping and time management
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Work effectively as part of a small, hardworking team
Contact 01434 firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. Closing date for applications: Monday 25th September at 4pm.
Shepherds Dene is a registered charity: 1138224-1