Shepherds Dene has had a special place in the hearts and lives of people for over 60 years. Its is supported by a growing group of Friends including those from different denominations, backgrounds and beliefs.
The Friends support Shepherds Dene in many different ways according to their circumstances. These include:
- Praying regularly for the life and work of Shepherds Dene – especially for our guests
- Promoting Shepherds Dene in parishes and networks – by displaying publicity
- Making a small financial contribution to Friends appeals from time to time
- Organising a small fundraising event – like a coffee morning
- Supporting events at Shepherds Dene – for example a summer concert
- Volunteering at Shepherds Dene – in the house or the grounds occasionally
Friends pay an annual subscription of £12 for an individual, £20 for a family or £25 for a church, group or organisation. Friends receive regular information about activities at Shepherds Dene and are invited to the annual Friends Weekend where they help with projects in the grounds.